Wednesday, November 5, 2014

It's Official!

I woke up this morning to an email from the University of St Andrews officially offering me a place for the spring term. It was probably the best news I've ever woken up to. 

Of course, there's a lot to do now from contacting an advisor about which modules to take to applying for housing to buying plane tickets. But I feel like I can finally breathe again now that I know where I'll be for the spring! 

After some reflection, I decided to start my travel blog now and share some of the preparation for my semester abroad. Stefanie and I co-authored a quite successful blog about our time at the University of Sussex this past summer and I definitely want to share my experiences in Scotland via blogging as well. 

I'll be heading to Scotland at the end of January for orientation before starting classes. I'll be taking a couple of (hopefully Honours) history modules--ones that are far more specialized than I can find at Elon. I'll be there until late May/early June when I head back to the US. Hopefully, I'll find time and ways to travel around England while I'm there! 

Be on the lookout for another post soon about my preparations. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment