Friday, January 23, 2015

Matriculating (or, I'm Officially a St Andrews Student!)

After a night of very little sleep, I woke up to a freezing cold room. Luckily, the shower was plenty hot and I got ready to go to advising and matriculation at 9 am. I didn't get into one of the classes I wanted, but I got into my backup so I'll officially be taking "The Weaker Sex? Women and Scottish Society 1800-1970" and "The Life of the Mind: Key Texts in European Thought 1512-1697." I'm quite excited about my schedule because I have one class from 11-1 on Thursday morning and the other from 3-5 Thursday afternoon. I won't get my tutorials schedule until next week. 

After advising, I went through the rest of the matriculation process which included showing them my student visa and getting my ID card. I'm an official student of the university now. (Crazy to think that I'll be St Andrews alumni after this semester, just like Prince Will and Princess Kate are!) 


Dad and I sorted out some other things like buying a phone plan, taking my health forms to the hospital, and going into Waterstones. Okay, so buying things at the bookstore wasn't something that I had to do. I got a book by Giovanna Fletcher (Carrie Hope Fletcher's sister-in-law) and a calendar that I saw on former-Miss-America-and-my-celebrity-crush-Torrance-Coomb's-girlfriend Alyssa Campanella's blog

My desk calendar of lady rulers
Dad left today which was unsettling to say the least. I'm excited for him to get to show Mom and Hannah all the pictures we took and the things we bought them (so much tea!), but I miss him already. I've been working on filming a video and getting things situated in my dorm to keep my mind off of things. I have the next five days off without any classes so I'm definitely going to try to stay productive and busy!

I saw this on Pinterest today and decided that it's my new mantra.


I like to think that I ended up here for a reason and that I'll fall in love with St Andrews and never want to leave. If nothing else, I'll be in some incredible history classes and eat a lot of good food. For now, I'm trying to focus on the positive and withhold any judgements that might keep me from taking the path I'm meant to. xx

1 comment:

  1. Well it sounds like you've come a long way, in many ways! Enjoy every minute of the path and know you live an enviable life! I love you so very dearly, you are a special lady!

    ReplyDelete