Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Research Subject

Wondering how last night's pin curls worked out? Honestly, it's probably better if you just don't ask. #hermionegrangerinfirstyear

I did, on the other hand, make myself a fantastic and very British lunch of beans on toast.


I'm fascinated by the fact that St Andrews constantly has research studies that are looking for participants. So I signed up for one to see what it was like. Unfortunately, I was running a bit late so I decided to let Google maps tell me my way there. I ended up getting to see a very beautiful part of St Andrews I'd never seen before! 



It as a very interesting psychology study and incredibly easy to be a part of. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say about it, so I'll leave it at that. Tomorrow I can go pick up my payment of 5 pounds. 

To reward myself for branching out and trying something new, I tried something very familiar: a banana nutella crepe! (Which I proceeded to get all over my face while walking around town and had to duck into the study abroad office building and use their bathroom to clean up.) 


Today is Pancake Day (a very big deal in Britain apparently), so my JSA friends got together and made pancakes for dinner. 

A pancake full of love (I tweeted this to the London Les Mis
Twitter account and they retweeted it!) 
So many options for toppings
In other news, I finally found this month's edition of Jamie magazine! It's a cooking magazine (by Jamie Oliver) but the reason I wanted this months was because it has a feature on the cast of Miss Saigon.

I tweeted these to Miss Saigon's Twitter and they
retweeted it. I'm very popular on Twitter, you see.
Real life? Not so much. 
Jon Jon Briones is my favorite! 
I've spent the rest of the evening doing reading and working on my presentation for Tuesday. I did give myself a study break of doing one of the pages in Alfie Deyes's Pointless Book...I ended up doing a dot-to-dot and I'm not going to lie: it was therapeutic. xx

1 comment:

  1. Should have put up a pic of the face after the crepe which I am urning for now! Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete