Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Celinde to My Carrie

I had my last (and second, but still...) exam yesterday! It actually went surprisingly well. I think the first two essays were actually quite good (for exam essays, that is) and the third one wasn't terrible. And in any case, what matters most is that they're over! I'm officially a junior/third-year in university which is absolutely crazy.

Yesterday ended up being such a fantastic day because I spent ten hours with Lucy. I'm honestly not even sure how we managed that. Lucy's been such an important part of being at St Andrews, as you can probably tell from this blog, and I'm going to miss her so much. She's the Celinde Schoenmaker to my Carrie Hope Fletcher. (Video of Carrie and Celinde below so you can see what I'm talking about.)


Because of some errors with the hotel when my family was here in March, I had money to spend at the Best Western so Lucy and I had afternoon tea! The food was so yummy and it was nice because we had the fancy room to ourselves. 




Once we were finished, we were reluctant to part and it was raining so we went and hung out in the Catholic Society building. Then we decided it was time for a "cheeky Nandos." 

i'm going to miss this place

After that, a friend of Lucy's needed her to be in his photography project. He let me be lighting assistant (I've never lit a photo shoot with a lamp before...) and it was so great to work on something creative again. It made me realize just how much I've missed being a communications student....he also told me I have a great eye for lighting, so I was chuffed. 

We decided that the only way to celebrate a good photo shoot was cosmopolitans at a cute bar. We're prepping for life in a big city, clearly. 


We ended up walking up to the cathedral while singing musical theatre songs...and then Lucy had to have her Sound of Music moment. #littlecatholicthings


My Celinde and the Jack to my Davey
Then we went back to Lucy's house to watch a movie and sing some more (we did a stunning performance of "Bop to the Top" from High School Musical). It was basically the perfect end to a very stressful three weeks of studying! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment