Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Vote

Lucy texted me this morning to ask if I wanted to meet her for lunch. I, obviously, said yes even though it messed with my plan of staying in my PJs until noon...We had a lovely lunch at Pret and then wandered down to Sainsbury's to buy chocolate. We ended up finding these strange Kit Kat Chunkies with different phrases printed on them....


I spent several hours at Rector's Cafe working on reading, before rewarding myself with a little walk through H&M.

After doing some laundry and more reading, I had a lovely dinner of bread from Pret and microwaved paella from Tesco. It was surprisingly delicious.


I worked for most of the evening on my end-of-year Honors report and reading, but I also watched "The Vote" while I worked. "The Vote" was broadcast live from Donmar Warehouse (in London, where Coriolanus and City of Angels took place) this evening in honor of it being election day. It was a political comedy about voting polls, starring Catherine Tate, Judi Dench, Mark Gatiss, and (MY FAVORITE!) Hadley Fraser. It was absolutely a pleasure to watch...I have to say one thing that I will miss when I go home is access to British TV! xx


Hadley <3 

1 comment: