Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sick Day

It would appear that my delicate feminine sensibilities couldn't handle the trip to Dundee yesterday.

Okay, so maybe that's not it, but I was definitely sick today. I woke up this morning with a throw-up virus that kept me in the bathroom for a few hours and basically killed my plans for the day. Your body revolting against you is very tiring and I was worn out by the time I felt okay enough to leave my room.

Exhausted as I was, I finally managed to make it into town this afternoon to grab some books for class from the library and some much-needed groceries. Since then, I've been working on tidying my room and doing reading for class.

I guess the point of this post is that study abroad isn't always as glamorous as you would imagine. Sometimes you get a terrible virus that steals one of your coveted days in a different country away from you. Sometimes your day is so terrible and exhausting that you don't take a single photo (honestly, I don't know when the last time that happened is). Here's to hoping tomorrow goes better than today (if not for my own well-being, then for the sake of a better blog post!).

1 comment: