Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Birthday, Lucy!

Sorry that this blog post is a day late. I got back late last night and left early this morning, so I haven't had a chance to write it until now! 

 Yesterday, I had a rather productive day of running errands. I caved and went to Pret for lunch and was delighted to find that they had my favorite sandwich for a second day in a row. #happycolie


I also went into Waterstones to buy myself some Valentines Day presents (treating yourself is very important for single girls on Valentines Day). I bought myself Giovanna Fletcher's other novel and The Prince by Machiavelli. So Machiavelli is a bit of an odd choice for a Valentine's Day present, but I'm writing an essay on him so it will make my life much simpler. 

Happy Singles Appreciation Day, Nicole

Lucy's birthday was a month ago, but since she was in Italy then, we celebrated last night. I went over to her house to eat pasta and get ready for her party together. (I discovered that the Great Gatsby soundtrack is her go-to music for getting ready to go out, which is perfect because it's what I always listen to!)


We went out to the Student Union bar, which was so much fun. I got to meet a ton of people and see many of the people I met in the theology lounge the other day. I had such a great time and I was so grateful to Lucy for including me (and making sure to introduce me to everyone and keep my close-by all night long!). Going out is a lot more fun when it isn't to a frat party. xx

Me and the Birthday Girl
A selfie in which we look a lot nicer than we
should considering how long we'd been dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment