Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Where the Magic Was Made

You might think that seeing how the Harry Potter movies were made would destroy some of the magic...but if anything, it makes it even more magical. Today we went to the Warner Brother Studio Tour on the sets where the Harry Potter movies were made for ten years. Of course, not all of their sets survived (several were destroyed in filming) and some things were filmed on location, but I was still amazed to see how much they had at the studios!


I'm not ashamed to say that I got teary-eyed several times. The digital guide was incredible, with all of the audio recorded by Tom Felton, who played Draco Malfoy and is my personal favorite of the cast. The most touching part was hearing everyone talk about what a family the cast and crew became over ten years of filming and how broken hearted they all were to have to say goodbye. 


Some wigs, including one of Lucius Malfoy's 
I nearly cried because I was SO CLOSE to
Kenneth Branagh's costumes 
A Beauxbatons uniform 
Being in the Gryffindor Boys Tower felt so so wrong...
In Snape's Potions classroom...was kind of
freaking out knowing that Alan Rickman had
been in there!  
One of Tom Felton's Quidditch Robes 
The Horcruxes (other than Voldemort and Harry,
of course)
I found my favorite! #narcissamalfoyfangirl 
In Diagon Alley!
After getting back into the city, we headed to Harrod's for some shopping and looking around. I was mostly excited because they had costumes from the new Cinderella movies in the windows! I freaked out a bit over being so close to Holliday Grainger's costumes (she plays one of the stepsisters in the movie, but I know her from The Borgias and the recent Bonnie and Clyde mini-series and The Riot Club). 



I also just love Harrod's because they have a Laduree. Hannah and I got four macaroons each...and they're already half gone.

My favorite food! 

Today was such a magical experience that I can't even begin to describe it. Hopefully next week I'll have time to edit the video I took so you can have a better glimpse into the studios. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment