Saturday, April 4, 2015

Catholic Mass

Today, I spent the morning doing work and editing video. I finally did the editing for the video Lucy and I filmed! Voila!

This evening, I joined a friend of Lucy's that I've met a few times, Meg, to walk to the Catholic Church in town for Lucy's confirmation! We ended up getting there way too early (totally overestimated the amount of time the walk would take) so we walked down along the ocean while we waited.

We found a cute cat! 




I live in a seriously beautiful place.

This was the first Catholic mass I'd ever been to and it was a bit strange, honestly! The Latin and the Hail Marys threw me off, but otherwise it wasn't that much different than the Episcopalian services that I'm used to. Mostly I was just concerned that the candle I was holding was going to catch something on fire!

I was so honored to get to be a part of such an important event in Lucy's life. I'm not afraid to admit: I cried! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment